Sonam Kapoor Akshay Kumar Show Off Moves in 'Thank You' 2011

Thank You is director Anees Bazmee's latest project. It stars Sonam Kapoor and Akshay Kumar with Bobby Deol, Irrfan Khan, Suniel Shetty and Celina Jaitley in supporting roles. The filming took place in Canada, but it took a while to get things started as Anees Bazmee couldn't find the perfect female lead in the beginning.

The leading ladies opposite the men were yet to be finalized when the movie was set to hit the floor last year. Rumors had it Katrina Kaif would star opposite Akshay, but soon Katrina said 'no thank you' to working in the romantic comedy.

Finally Sonam Kapoor took over and Anees explained, "I haven't seen her Saawariya till date but I have seen her Delhi-6. I found her quite good in that and she came across as someone who is really vibrant, natural and very attractive. While casting for Thank You, I wasn't thinking about whether she has played a comic role in her earlier films or not."

But Anees denies that he cast Sonam because she is a family friend, "I won't deny that she is someone who belongs to my own house. But then this can never be the reason for me to rope in any actor. I am very professional in that sense."

"I can go to a party, have tea and chat with people but I feel that if a family friend whom I meet there doesn't suit my film, I won't cast him or her. There are good expectations from me as a director, especially after my last three films."

Thank You is a romantic comedy that tells the story of a young tennis player, played by Sonam Kapoor, who falls in love with a playboy, portrayed by Akshay Kumar. The movie is set to release on April 8. Are you excited or do you think the stills are boring?



Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails