amisha patel top pictures

IF WE haven't seen any of Amisha Patel's new films of late, it was because many scheduled for last year could not be released.

"Now all of them will be released this year," she assures. Visibly happy that she will "make up for last year's virtual absence" from the silver screen, Amisha says she'll be seen in Vashu Bhagnani's latest film Vaada, Elaan, The Rising, Humko Tumse Pyar Hai, Tathastu and more, though not in this order. In Vaada, she is an emotional wreck oscillating between two men; in Elaan, she plays a journalist; The Rising presents her as a widow; Humko... is a romance with elements of comedy and Tathastu is a serious presentation. "I was very upset last year for, things did not happen the way I wanted them to. But Adnan Sami's album (Teri Kasam) proved to be a saviour in the sense that that I was not completely erased from people's mind, especially when films like Mughal-e-Azam and Veer Zaara were stealing the show," admits the Kaho Na Pyar Hai girl.

Amisha defines Vaada as a film in which she and her co-actors Zayed Khan and Arjun Rampal "play a cat-and-mouse game of emotions". "To some extent, it is like Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin but this one is a little more intense wherein my character is actually caught between two men she is fond of and she has to choose one." She is pinning her hopes on Elaan, which she says will reveal her stronger side. "I haven't played an assertive role in any film so far. In Elaan, I play a journalist who finds herself amid controversies and also has an emotional side to her. She tries to strike a balance between two completely different facets of her life. But a time comes when she has to choose between her profession and emotions. And she chooses the latter," says Amisha. Her dream film The Rising, she believes, is going to break many hearts.

"When Aamir Khan offered me the role, he warned me, `Look, you will break many hearts as you will not be shown as a glamour girl,' and I loved the challenge. I play a completely deglamourised woman, a widow clad in a white sari. As the film goes back to the 1857 era of history, I had to pay great attention to each and every detail. I found it the most challenging film of my career."
amisha patel new photo
amisha patel best picture

amisha patel wallpaper
amisha patel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails